Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Friday, January 22, 2010

Meeting the locals

Tonight we had a BBQ at VENUSA with the Venezolanos that are taking english classes there. We set up a little speed dating game with the Americans on one side of a long table and the Venezuelans on the other side. We had two minutes to talk to the person across from us. We would speak spanish and they would speak english! Basically we talked about what we studied and how we were liking Merida. So I would say I was a bio major interested in Vet Medicine and I found a Venezuelan named Ricardo who was so excited to tell me that he was a chemistry major. So we talked about science and I asked to see his notes from organic chemistry. I know they would probably be very similar, but I want to know the Spanish words for everything in ochem. I know ... NERD! But that's me!