Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Familia Grande


We went to the exhibition today! It was basically a convention center with a million tents set up inside selling everything from clothes, hats and shoes to furniture and head scratchers. My parents bought a head scratcher! They were so excited. I also felt like I was at the state fair, because they had all sorts of food. There were these 4 mini cinnamon rolls that were sooo good! I also bought two soccer jereseys for 55 Bolivares. What a deal! One is Venezuelan and the other is from Barcelona (it's highlighter pink!) There was also a tent selling a box of chocolate candy bars that you could by for 20 Bs. But the best part is that then you could use the chocolate fountain they had set up to dip your candy bars in! My kind of thing!
After the exhibition, we went to Eira's parent's house, because her parents were celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary. She is one of 7 kids and everyone was there, along with their children. It was so fun! We had cake and wine and took pictures. I meet everyone in her family and the dad told me I spoke Spanish well. :)
Some of the cousins were playing Mario on the computer and I taught them the trick to get the magic whistle so they could transport to another world. Trust me, explaining that in Spanish was very difficult. But I did it and they were so excited!

No comments: