Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Flamenco en Merida!

Today Ellie, Claire and I went shopping around Mercado Principal and el centro. I bought a Venezuelan flag! When I showed my family though, they called it a chavista flag because it is different than the flag before Chavez. Apparently, Chavez changed the number of stars from 7 to 8, to include Cuba in the countries that were liberated by Bolivar. Also, the horse in the seal is jumping in the air and before it was standing with it's head turned to the right. CRAZY! Chavez does what he wants I guess.
So tonight we went to watch Angel's brother perform in a flamenco band. He plays guitar and sings. There was also a flamenco dancer who was wearing the most gorgeous dress!! I love flamenco dresses! We were in a small Spanish restaurant with Angel, Rosa and his parents. It was a very personal and intimate performance. Maybe only 30 people? Luckily we are going again tomorrow night! I have a little crush on Ali, Angel's brother. He is soooooo cute!!