Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Friday, February 12, 2010

Stuck in a rose bush...

Today I ran some errands around the city and didn't receive very many priopos or cat calls. I'm starting to fit in around here! Then I met Ellie and Natalie at Hotel Prado Rio to use the pool. A beautiful day for lounging around and listening to the merengue, salsa and reggeton the had playing. It was so cute, there was this young couple dancing in the water! I planned on taking a taxi when I left and there was one sitting in the drop off area of the hotel. The driver looked like he was sleeping, but I went up to the window to ask if I could get a ride. Except I didn't really know how to say that so I just said "Estas...um okay?" hahaha I just didn't know if he was taking a nap, on break or waiting for somebody else. Well he was free and able to drive me home. So I went to go get in the car, but got stuck in the rose bush. My backpack was completely enwrapped by the thorns on the bush. I was struggling to get in the car and the driver was just looking at me like 'what are you doing?' I finally just ripped myself free, but not without scratching up the backs of my arms. Then I told him to just drop me off at McDonald's because it was right across the street from my house and I wanted una barquilla (ice cream cone). He was going to go through the drive through to get me one! I told him to just drop me off there and I could get it myself. I'm sure he was happy to get me out of the car... I was such a pain.