Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Sunday, February 28, 2010

GOOOOOOL!


So today I got up with the intention of walking around this softball complex for exercise, but it wasn't open. I just walked down Avenida Las Americas to waste time and see if the park opened around 8am. It did! I was able to run bleachers, but not for very long. I know I will be feeling it tomorrow. After, my productive morning I came back home ate some yummy empanadas that my dad made filled with mashed potatoes and cheese (a Venezuelan perogie!) and then slept until 11am. We weren't able to go to Johan's house today, because Juan Diego is sick. Poor little guy! Instead, Kelsey, Brittany and I tried out a new panaderia for lunch. YUM!! Then afterwards we went to a soccer game with Viktor. The stadium was huge! As soon as I saw it I thought of Harry Potter. I could just imagine a quidditch game taking place in this stadium. hahahahah Dork....I know. :) It was Los Estuidantes de Merida vs. El Deportivo de Italia. I love how energetic the crowd was, including an impromptu band consisting of a trumpet and some drums. They had so much energy.
Futbol is such a great sport. The guys that play are all in really good shape and are very handsome!! At the halftime, the players came out with two soccer balls to throw into our side of the stadium. Well, I almost caught it. But I'm glad I didn't though because the little boy that did catch it was then immediately tackled by 10 other little boys that wanted that ball. They started fighting for it! and the crowd was just watching, waiting to see who was going to come out of that mess with the ball. Horrible! So happy we went to the futbol game today. It's just something I had to do while in South America.