Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Festivities!

So last night we had dance class again. This time they taught us Merengue!! However, the lights went out at 8pm and we "started" at 7pm (of course it didn't really start until around 7:20), we didn't have that long to dance. I was in the middle of a turn when the lights went out and I lost my partner. Too funny!
Tonight we had a Carnival Festival party, because this week is Las Ferias del Sol. There are shows, exposiciones, and bull fights. The corrida del toros is more of a spanish tradition than any part of venezuelan culture, but they have bull fights every day of the Carnival. We were supposed to dress up and I went as an 80's aerboic instructor, complete with blue leggings that I just happened to pack along?! I'm pretty sure the Venezolanos thought I was crazy, what else is new!? I had fun!