Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Friday, March 5, 2010

Lions, and tigers and chigüires...


Okay so there weren't any chigüires at the zoo, but I wish there were! They are the world's largest rodent and are found in Los Llanos here in Venezuela. People eat them too! Not sure if I want to try it though. Today after my first lingüistics test, I went to the zoo with Ellie, Beth, Liz, Caitlin and two of their venezuelan guy friends. It only cost 3 bolivares to get in and get this: Chavez is on the ticket for the zoo. Ahhhhhhh....he controls eveything! They had a very beatuiful lion, crazy monkeys that are just so funny to watch, some snakes, tropical birds, jaguar, a really large bunny, turtles and two very beautiful waterfalls. It was a fun way to spend a Friday afternoon! Tonight I just stayed in with Marissa since she is sick. We watched the movie Grease tonight, singing along to all the songs and ate waaaaaaaay too much chocolate.