Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Monday, March 29, 2010

Porlamar shopping day





We took a bus for only 8 Bs to el centro de Porlamar, which was about a 40 minute drive from our hotel. I bought a cute skirt, jewlery to go with the skirt and a belt! and Brittany found 100 Bs on the floor when we went to go take out money from the ATM because we were spending so much! Fun girls day shopping in el centro. Best part was that we found a chocolate world store with every kind of candy bar...yes I spent around 60 Bs loading up on chocolate. Tried some new kinds, but they were weird scandanavian bars or something.
Tonight at our hotel there was a pool party after the show! They had a band playing all sorts of music, we started dancing with a girl named Oronami and then soon met her family afterwards. They were so nice and thought I was really good at speaking spanish! We spoke with them probably until 1am. Dancing was great too! I was dancing with the girls and then a guy came and grabbed me and started dancing merengue (which is my favorite!). He was older than me, ponytail and very much a gentleman. Later on I met his wife and adorable little girl. So he wasn't creepy at all! and I loved dancing with him.

No comments: