Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Teleférico Hike








I went to yoga this morning with Eira and then left around 10am to go for a hike underneath the Teleférico system (that's not working) here in Merida with Kelsey, Brittany and Leigh Anne. Boy, was it a difficult hike! Just getting to the entrance for the trail took us forever. On the way there we had to stop because I suddenly got a sharp pain in my stomach. I cooled down, drank some water and felt better, so we started walking again. Before we went into the jungle, we applied a TON of bugspray and began our hike into the Andes jungle. It was very beautiful, but also extremely uphill and difficult. Well, my stomach problems came back and I had to go....so I went in the jungle! There's a story you can't tell everyday. hahaha Anyway, the view from higher up the mountain was gorgeous. We were able to see the whole city of Merida and the cable car passed by us. I guess they let it run only to the first station to transport workers, or people who live up there? Not really sure. We found this stone wall and sat facing the city with the mountains in the background for quite a while. Very relaxing! After our exhausting 3hr hike we stopped at La Nota for lunch. They have 8 different sauces for you to use on your food! My favorite one was the ranch-like sauce. I had a burger and it was really good. Everybody kept telling us we had to go and now I see why!
Tonight we tried to go see the movie Alice in Wonderland, but it is opening weekend here so it was sold out. Instead we went to MacWen, hung out and then Marissa and I came back home to watch the movie The Waitress with Britanny. I fell asleep! But I think it was a good movie.