Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day to myself and band...

We got back from our Choroni trip this morning around 8am from the overnight bus from Maracay. We watched a horrible movie (I think it was called Death Sentence) with Kevin Bacon where everyone died! Great images for me to fall asleep to....not. When I got back home I talked with Eira about my trip, took a shower and then thought I was going to take a nap, but I suddenly had energy to go shopping in el centro. Well today is the bicentennial celebration of Venezuelan Independence! Feliz 200 anos a Venezuela!!So there were a ton of people in el centro and a parade with bands! I shopped around, got some Vivaldi ice cream and then headed to Mercado Principal. Then later tonight I went with Marissa to her sister's band concert. It was a concert celebrating the bicentennial and all the musicians were wearing these really awesome Venezuelan windbreakers! They played 1812 overture! haha I love that music is a universal language. Viva la musica! not Chavez. hahaha

No comments: