Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Last day in Merida :(

I hate saying goodbyes! I went to yoga this morning with Eira for the last time. I really enjoyed going every tues/thurs and although some of Eldilio's exercises were a bit strange I always felt better afterwards. Except today I had a hard time concentrating and letting my mind relax because there was one of those HUGE nasty brown butterflies just chillin' on the white wall. It was basically staring me down.

Today at school, I just had to sign in for my geography class and check my grades. Todo chevere! Then I went up to Plaza Belen to buy some cocosette in bulk. BEST DAY EVER! Cocosette fudge and cocosette cookies are packed in my luggage right now. They better not take them away from me at the airport. If they do I will scarf them all down!! No wasting of the cocosette allowed.

Tonight there was a party in VENUSA and I danced until they pulled me off the dance floor! Merengue and salsa baby! Ugh..but I had a very hard time saying goodbye to Johan. I started crying when he thanked me for being such a special person to his sons and to the whole family. He couldn't hold back the tears either. What a beautiful family! I will miss them so much, but they offered me a place to stay when I return. So I need to come back as soon as possible.

Overall this was the best experience of my life! and I knew it would be! There's nothing more I could have done to make this any better. Everything worked out so well and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. It's sad because I spent some of my time here wishing to go back home and now that I finally am leaving for home, I'm wishing to stay in Merida. I'll be leaving in 4 short hours to head to El Vigia, ending my life in Merida......at least for now.

No comments: