Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mariposa en mi cuarto

Tuesday mornings=yoga class! I love going to yoga with Eira because I always feel better afterwards. However, this morning when I woke up there was a monstrous butterfly in my room just chillin' on the window curtains. I didn't see it until I got up out of bed to turn off my alarm and it started fluttering around my head!! I screamed and ran into the kitchen where Eira was making breakfast and asked her to get rid of it. haha She was just as scared as I was, but we got it out the window. I guess they come out now because of the rain, but they are huge! Not like a regular butterfly....it's brown and the size of a small bat. I also have no idea how it entered in my room because the windows were closed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan, I just wanted to let you know that I have been following your blog this semester and thoroughly enjoying every entry. (And I got to see you dance the tambores when I visited there in March. Great dancing!) Your experiences have been the kind that I would hope every student would be able to have because you really seem to be taking advantage of all of the opportunities given to you and really getting a good taste of the great Venezuelan culture. When you come back to the "U" you have to be sure and come and talk to future students at our orientation meetings. Have fun the rest of your time there!!!!
Holly Zimmerman LeVoir
Learning Abroad Center.