Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Friday, April 23, 2010

Shopping day with Marissa

I love Marissa! We have so much fun together and today we hit up all the descuentos in el centro. I got some really cute dark turqoise wedges, a headband and a Venezuelan baseball cap. Afterwards we went to this smoothie place I have been wanting to try out and boy was it good! I ordered a Chococambur merengada which is banana and chocolate with ice cream. IT WAS THE BEST MERENGADA! It's just sad that I found this amazing store with only 6 days left in Venezuela. I guess that just means I will have to go everyday to try new flavors and make up for lost time.

Oh and we walked passed the gobierno in Plaza Bolivar and it was all decorated with yellow, blue and red for the 200th Independence day this past Monday. It looked really cool, but I didn't take a picture: 1. Didn't have my camera and 2. thought that maybe if I did take a picture the guard that's always standing outside would shoot me.

Then to get home I flagged down a buseta in El Centro, but sometimes they don't stop for you. However, this one looked like it was slowing down and so I literally threw myslef at the bus from the curb, fell up the stairs and then landed near the driver. Then I quickly looked back to see if Marissa made it on, because I jumped in such a hurry and she was just getting on like normal people. The driver and I were laughing so hard...as was the rest of the bus. Oh well.....brightened some people's day.

(yes another entry about food, but when you feel like you're on vacation you can make excuses for your eating habits. At least that's what I've been doing. :)

No comments: