Surf lessons from Tarzan in Choroni

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Last day in Choroni

The beach was crowded beyond belief! So many people it was not worth being there. So Marissa and I went shopping instead and then headed back to pack for our trip home. The same taxi drivers were nice enough to come pick us up again from Maracay. It's almost a 2 hour drive! But a beautiful drive up a very large mountain, into the selva nublada and then down the otherside of the mountain. Scary, winding roads that don't look wide enough to fit two cars, but somehow does.

Oh and I forgot to mention on our ride there we saw leaf cutter ants marching along the side of the road when we slowed down to make a really sharp hairpin turn. SO AWESOME! Those ants are amazing and I always hear about them on national geographic and other shows. Viva la selva nublada!

We had the taxi's drop us off at a T.G.I.Friday's! We were so ognoxious when we entered into the restaurante. "Oh my gosh, SALT! and ketchup! I just want to eat that ketchup straight out of the bottle! Hamburgers! Chocolate brownies!" haha you would have thought that we hadn't eaten in days. embarassing!

No comments: